NBA Talk 2014
Please use our Rumors Form to send us your NBA Trade Rumors or talk
Log In | Register for a sign-off name so others see you as the confirmed poster.
We take no responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of published nba rumors
The rumors have been split into 2 pages. The NBA Trade Rumors page is the other page
If you are looking for rumors that concern just your team, please visit our NBA Teams Rumors page.
19 Nov 2014 22:41:59
if ginobili retire and green is out who would be a good pickup at sg for spurs?
and a backup center
D_drainr will start @ sg
18 Nov 2014 17:18:04
Top 25 Untradeable Players
1. ANTHONY DAVIS- Best big in NBA. Still inked In for years
2. STEPHEN CURRY- Best Value in the NBA for a non rookie contract
3. KEVIN DURANT- Talent and age would make him 1st but an upcoming free agency raises questions
4. LEBRON JAMES- Best player in the NBA has an upcoming free agency and is getting older
5. CHRIS PAUL- Best PG in the game. Still inked in for a few years
6. JAMES HARDEN- Franchise player and young. Still plenty of years on his deal
7. BLAKE GRIFFIN- Dominant Big still inked in long term
8. DWIGHT HOWARD- Still the best center in the NBA. Rockets will have him for next 3 years
9. KLAY THOMPSON- Superstar in the making. Just signed long term.
10. DERRICK ROSE- Not in a good way. Injuries and recent character issues will make it impossible to trade out of the 60+ million that he's guarenteed
11. JOHN WALL- A young elite PG that is inked long term
12. LEMARCUS ALDRIDGE- Would be higher but an upcoming free agency could scare Portland
13. DEMARCUS COUSINS- Probably the future best center of NBA that the Kings can have for a very long time but still has character issues
14. PAUL GEORGE- a mixture of teams being afraid to commit to his contract due to his injury and him being the only hope Indiana has for the future make him pretty untradeable
15. DAMIEN LILLIARD- One of the best rookie contract values in the league. A slow start in 2014 however
16. JOAKIM NOAH- The heart and soul of the Bulls is unlikely to be traded any time soon. However he does only have 2 years left on deal.
17. CHRIS BOSH- He has been playing good but at his age I don't think any team would want to touch the largest contract in the NBA
18. RUSSEL WESTBROOK- Skillwise he should be way higher but injuries and great play from back up Reggie Jackson could make him available for a strong enough package
19 BRADLEY BEAL- a great value on a rookie contract. but a recent injury. He can probably be had if someone wants him bad enough.
20. TONY PARKER- 4 long years left on his contract. getting older now. will probably lose starting position by end of his contract
21. DIRK NOWITSKI- Great loyalty between him and Cuban. a pay cut. and 3 years left on an older players contract make him unlikely to be traded but if a contender was willing to trade young assets for him Cuban has to remember this is a business.
22. WIGGINS/PARKER- even though one of them has been traded already it is very unlikely that either one of their rebuilding teams will look to deal them in the next couple years.
23. CARMELO ANTHONY- Still a superstar with a large contract but how long will he be able to handle losing before he demands a trade?
24. DEMAR DEROZAN- a young star with 3 years left all under $10 Million per
25. CHANNING FRYE- what a horrible signing. no one will want those 4 years
I actually agree with this
Yeah at that time they could've probably traded Shannon Brown for a late 1st round pick and would have Klay Thompson right now lol.
18 Nov 2014 16:27:55
Klay Thompson told the lakers that he would've left college early in 2010 if they would've traded anywhere into the 1st round, even pick 30, and agreed to draft him. They declined
17 Nov 2014 15:15:34
Best Decisions of 2014 off season
1. GSW - by not trading Klay Thompson to get Kevin Love
2. LeBron James - going back to Cleveland
3. Pau Gasol - by turning down the Lakers and signing to Chicago
4. MIN - by trading Kevin Love earlier and acquiring young talents
5. DAL - getting T. Chander back and rebuild the team with solid pieces
1. Carmelo Anthony - staying in NYK
2. LAL - getting Jeremy Lin instead of Omer Asik from the Rockets
3. Lance Stephenson - turning down the Pacers
- anymore ideas?
15 Nov 2014 08:28:48
Is Manu Ginobili a Hall of Famer?
14 Nov 2014 00:21:45
Reggie Jackson averaging 24, 4, and 8 as a starter
And remember all the times u told me that him to the Magic for Aaron Afflalo was ripping off the Magic. Yall are experts tho
But elfrid payton will be better
Not by much if at all. Magic could've got Jackson and used that pick on another piece
Well i'm glad afflalo got out of there at least
12 Nov 2014 18:31:08
12 Nov 2014 04:32:45
Cuban suggested that okc thunder should tank this season.
It might be a good idea. But sorry, tanking is just for the losers!
Okc will be in the playoff and will kick mavs butt!
I'm an OKC fan and would love for them to tank ONLY IF Durant and Westbrook are OK with it
11 Nov 2014 20:05:18
had the knicks kept some players instead of trading them and never traded for carmelo, their line up could have been.
pg. jamal crawford/nate robinson
sg. shumpert/thj/lavine (draft pick traded to nuggets)
much better than.
06 Nov 2014 15:54:15
Okay. Every single Trade I've posted with Monta Ellis has been like 2 believables and 40 unbelievables. I've traded him for stars or for expiring contracts or picks and young players with potential. what am I doing wrong? Every single Monta Ellis trade I can't for the life of me tell if I have undervalued or overvalued him.what in the heck is Monta Ellis worth?!?!?!?!
Why would the mavs trade him? he's good on their team, has good chemistry with dirk and wants to stay a mav.
06 Nov 2014 07:28:55
Ok cavs loss again. 1-3.
Sign Nash for head coaching job, hahahahaha! Just joking.
Just make Lebron player/coach
05 Nov 2014 05:30:55
Cavs loss again! 1-2, Time to change their lineups.
Put Waiters on 6th man role.
SG: drumroll pls
this team needs RAY ALLEN!
Waiters for Tony Allen
& Sign Ray Allen
03 Nov 2014 15:07:00
Westbrook vs. Curry
Click "Believable" for Westbrook
Click "Unbelievable" for Curry
only vote once, leave a comment of your vote too so we know its accurate.
Well this isn't going to work on the talk page.
Lol like nobody will bote but I've obviously got curry
Westbrook. but for how much me and WATW have been going back and forth I can admit that they are very very close
Yes they are close and we both have our opinions so we should stop this argument and just enjoy the season
03 Nov 2014 13:54:58
Top 5 nba teams:
San Antonio Spurs
Oklahoma City Thunder
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
Next 5 in East:
Next 5 in West:
Golden State Warriors
How can you have okc in top 5?
Change OKC and GS
02 Nov 2014 18:01:49
Serge Ibaka - David Lee. Ibaka
Kevin Durant- Andre Igoudala. Durant
Steven Adams- Andrew Bogut. Bogut (for now)
Jeremy Lamb- Klay Thompson. Thompson
Russ Westbrook- Steph Curry. Westbrook
Reggie Jackson- Shaun Livingston. Jackson
Perry Jones- Harry Barnes. Barnes
Nick Collison- Marreese Speights. Speights
Kendrick Perkins- Festus Ezeli. Perkins
Lance Thomas- Draymond Green. Green
Anthony Morrow- Brandon Rush. Morrow
Sebastian Telfair- Nedovic. Draw
1. You obviously made this to prove something to me, but we are both biased so this is useless
2. I repeat, Curry is better than Westbrook
3. Lol half of those thunder players are hurt
I forgot to say your name but yes this is for u lol
Curry is only better at shooting
Celtics 4 life
Westbrook still better.
We should have a site vote to settle this.
westbrook vs curry.
i say westbrook.
Lol whatever you guys say. But how are the thunder doing this season Jbabby? 3-0 like the warriors?
We are all injured. I would give you a little more credit than to bring that up. Lose Curry, Thompson, Igoudala, and Barnes and tell me if u would still be 3-0. you wouldn't even be 1-2 like we are
Thunder don't have KD and Westbrook you can't compare their records
Celtics 4 life
02 Nov 2014 05:53:12
Perry Jones is going to win the Most Improved Player award
01 Nov 2014 13:07:15
Thunder have yet to let an up and coming player they drafted (right controlled thru restricted free agency) to walk for nothing. Reggie Jackson is looking like James Harden 2.0 in many ways (six man of the year candidate, wants to start, great potential), and it's my opinion after the extension deadline passing that he should meet the same fate.
With Durant and Westbrook out, we can showcase Reggie and explore the trade market. There are several teams that could bite. Any suggestions?
Trade him to the sixers for picks
Trade him to the Kings for McLemore and 2015 2nd round pick (which is like a late 1st rounder but at only 500k non guarenteed)
Lol Jbabby do you honestly think Jackson is worth that much?
Jackson is better than McLemore
And he is MUCH BETTER than your boy Shaun Livingston
McLemore has got more potential, and there's no need to bring a warriors player into all of this I never said livingston is better than Jackson, even though I think he is
30 Oct 2014 22:38:35
Reggie Jackson / Mo Williams / Shane Larkin
Danny Green / Jr Smith
Carmelo Anthony / Tim Hardaway Jr
Paul Milsap / Cleanthony Early / Drew Gooden
Marc Gasol / Quincy Acy / Jason Smith
30 Oct 2014 18:19:39
Why not start shumpert at pg with calderon out. he's better than larkin at least.
28 Oct 2014 12:39:02
My first even fantasy NBA team. how'd I do?
player pick #
pg. damian lillard (17)
sg. klay thompson (32)
G. Demar Derozan (41)
sf. Lance Stephenson (65)
pf. Demarcus Cousins (8)
F. Tyreke Evans (80)
C. Marcin Gortat (56)
C. Roy Hibbert (89)
Util: Jeremy Lin (104)
Util: Jared Sullinger (113)
BN: Anderson Varejao (128)
BN: Wilson Chandler (137)
BN: OJ Mayo (152)
28 Oct 2014 12:31:37
I heard klay wants max but warriors taking long lakers should offer him 4y 60m 15m a year and see if warriors would match
Well duh the warriors would match they wouldn't trade him for love so they won't let him walk
26 Oct 2014 23:12:51
- fantasy basketball I selected during draft of 20player pool.
Think has a chance to win?
25 Oct 2014 01:46:47
With both Rockets players on 9 and 10. KD is number 8?! What kind of ranking is this!
Here's the remaining 5:
I think its going to be
but ESPN will probably pull something like:
24 Oct 2014 20:46:40
With Calderon questionable next Wednesday. I start shumpert and Larkins are best perimeter athlete defensively.
24 Oct 2014 20:37:02
Looks like ESPN and their panel of experts believe that Westbrook is better than Curry.
Curry is like the best pg in history.
Celtics 4 life
@knickerbocker some of the later tweets said that these rankings are based solely on what kind of numbers that player will put up this season. With KD out, yes Westbrook will put up better numbers than Steph because he has less weapons to chose from. That is why KD is ranked 8th and PG13 isn't ranked. So no these rankings don't mean anything
Westbrook is better than Curry at every aspect of basketball except shooting
Not only is Steph a better shooter, he is a better passer and facilitator, and because of his shooting I think Steph is better at scoring all around also because he can hit any shot. People think he's just the best shooter in the NBA but he is also the best shooter off of the dribble, and no one ever notices how good a finisher he is. I'm not talking about dunking, I'm talking about how crafty he is in the air. And while I'm not saying he's good at defense, he is fast and gets a bunch of steals. If you don't believe me, check out his stats in their opener. 24 points (most of which were acrobatic layups), 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 6 steals. Oh yeah and he hasn't got hurt for extended periods of times the last two years, unlike one certain PG (Westbrook). Much more desirable than Westbrook, and that's without me mentioning how Steph has the best contract in the NBA
Westbrook is much better at creating high percentage shots and is the much better defender. Don't forget Westbrook led the league for consecutive games played before Beverley cheap shotted him so don't assume that Curry is Mr. Untouchable because he can have a season ending injury at any time. If we are being honest it would take Curry AND Barnes to get Westbrook. Not Westbrook and Lamb to get Curry
Oh sorry Jbabby I forgot you were the NBA expert. And the warriors wouldn't even consider trading Steph for Westbrook straight up. Lol just watch the highlights for Steph so far this season and you will see how he is better than Westbrook. He is better at scoring, passing, and is more efficient. And his contract is a lot more desirable too. He's averaging 27. 5 points 7. 5 assists 7. 5 rebounds 4. 5 steals while shooting a higher percentage than westbrook ever could. And even though it's a little off topic, he's apart of the best backcourt with Klay scoring 41 points on 14/18 shooting
Ok and Westbrook scored 38 points his first game before he got injured. I do agree with you about the contract. Curry is easily the most valuable contract outside of a rookie player contract. but Westbrook is still the better point guard. they are even on the offensive end (maybe a very slight edge to Curry) but Westbrook is way better on the defensive end. Westbrook can guard and shooting guard in the NBA and some small forwards even. His post game is much better than Currys also.
And I might not be an NBA expert but look at the top of this post as to who they think is better
Westbrook shot well below 50% and had less rebounds and steals. And no the Thunder won't even get home court advantage in this years playoffs
24 Oct 2014 12:26:01
ESPN remaining players for top 10:
Melo > Harden, Griffin, Love, Howard, & George
^ Homer alert
Celtics 4 life
They ranked players by how good their numbers will be this season, not how good they really are. (PG not ranked, KD 8th, and Westbrook skyrocketing)
Shoot. I forgot Anthony Davis.
24 Oct 2014 05:15:05
To PHI - Steve Nash
To LAL - Keith Van Horn's contract and a lighter set of luggage
SAS Champs 2014
Keith Van Horn owns a fly fishing company.
23 Oct 2014 14:35:29
Top 5 PG
1. Westbrook 2. Curry 3. Lillard 4. CP3 5. Parker
Top 5 SG
1. Harden 2. Thompson 3. Derozan 4. Dragic 5. Ellis
Top 5 SF
1. LBJ 2. Durant 3. Melo 4. George 5. Leonard
Top 5 PF
1. Davis 2. Aldridge 3. Griffin 4. Love 5. Dirk
Top 5 C
1. M. Gasol 2. Cousins 3. Noah 4. Howard 5. Al Jefferson
1. Paul 2. Curry 3. Westy 4. DRose (healthy) 5. Irving
1. Harden. 2. Thompson 3. Kobe 4. Dragic 5. Derozan
1. Lebron 2. KD 3. PG (healthy) 4. Melo 5. Leonard
1. Davis 2. Aldrige 3. Griffin 4. Love 5. Ibaka/Dirk
1. Howard 2. Gasol 3. Noah 4. Cousins 5. Jefferson
1. Westbrook 2. Paul 3. Curry 4. Lilliard 5. Wall
1. Harden 2. Bryant 3. Wade 4. Ellis 5. Thompson
1. Lebron 2. Durant 3. Carmelo 4. George 5. Gay
1. Aldridge 2. Griffin 3. Love 4. Davis 5. Ibaka
1. Howard 2. Cousins 3. Jefferson 4. Noah 5. Gasol
22 Oct 2014 14:39:00
Thompson or Harden?
Kobe or Wade?
Lebron or Durant?
Griffin or Davis?
Curry or Westbrook?
Love or Aldridge?
Noah or M. Gasol?
Irving or Lillard?
Howard or Cousins?
Rose or Wall?
Dragic or Beal?
Bledsoe or Ellis?
Dirk or Milsap?
Melo or Gay?
Teague or Walker?
Bosh or Horford?
Melo (serious question?)
22 Oct 2014 00:53:20
Would you trade Irving for Lillard?