NBA Talk 2014
Please use our Rumors Form to send us your NBA Trade Rumors or talk
Log In | Register for a sign-off name so others see you as the confirmed poster.
We take no responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of published nba rumors
The rumors have been split into 2 pages. The NBA Trade Rumors page is the other page
If you are looking for rumors that concern just your team, please visit our NBA Teams Rumors page.
28 Nov 2014 01:43:40
I challenge someone to make a believable Monta Ellis trade. I am convinced that it is impossible
26 Nov 2014 06:26:25
Call me crazy but part of me kinda wishes that my Thunder would've traded James Harden for Klay Thompson instead of Jeremy Lamb
Was that an option?
That was one of them and the other one was Bradley Beal and the Wizards 2013 1st round pick.
They had the choice between Kevin Martin, Bradley Beal, & Klay Thompson? and they chose Kevin Martin??
Maybe during that period, they Kevin Martin will help them more because he is a veteran then it turned to be a disaster
Wizards should have been
Warriros should have been
Why would we call you crazy? They would obviously do that now
U have to understand that at the time Beal and Lamb were draft picks that hadn't played yet. they figured their choices were Beal and 1 future 1st. or Lamb, Kevin Martin, and 3 future 1sts (Adams, McGary, and Dallas 2016 1st)
26 Nov 2014 04:36:26
I may be in the minority, but as an OKC fan, I feel like it's time to explore Reggie Jackson trades. He holds big value now and could fetch a few complimentary peices. Any potential trades worth looking at?
I agree with this
I agree with this as an OKC fan. Also thought we should've traded Jeremy Lamb in the offseason while he still had value. I don't think he has any now
25 Nov 2014 19:39:42
warriors on top in the west
warriors vs kings
grizzlies vs clippers
blazers vs mavericks
spurs vs houston
25 Nov 2014 15:13:35
Dragic is a fluke.
24 Nov 2014 19:38:14
Who has the highest trade value in the NBA now?
Anthony Davis by far
24 Nov 2014 17:14:42
PG. MCW > pg. Harrison
SG. Wroten < sg. Harrison
sf. LMAM < sf. Pythress
pf. Noel > pf. cauley-stein
c. sims < c. Towns Jr.
Bench < Bench
Wroten is way better no doubt
If all of the 76ers were in the 2015 NBA draft the only players that would go in the 1st round is MCW, Noel, and Wroten towards the end. MCW is the best player out of both teams but Kentucky is better overall
Lmao Sixers would kill Kentucky. They have 15 NBA players. Kentucky has maybe 6
Sixers do not have 15 NBA players. 3/4s of that team have no business being in the NBA.
Even if they aren't good NBA players at least they are NBA players unlike Kentucky. Read up on experts articles on this, they all agree philly would kill Kentucky
23 Nov 2014 15:55:45
Most improved player candidates so far
23 Nov 2014 01:34:32
Philly 76ers vs Kentucky Wildcats
76ers will rout that team and Bledsoe sucks on what he's said
They should actually scrimmage against eachother
Final analysis-76ers win 97-88
MCW, Wroten, and Noel go off
22 Nov 2014 19:43:23
Lillard , Nowitzki , Parker , Duncan , Randolph , Conley
Butler(if he continue his performance)
Horford , Johnson , Lopez , Vucevic , Monroe , Drummond , Stephenson
Nope Steph and Kobe will both start
^ that's what i'm also thinking, I just write Paul and Harden because some might dsay they are better but I believe votes will be on Steph and Kobe
22 Nov 2014 14:42:34
My rankings as of nov. 22.
1. Chicago Bulls
2. Toronto Raptors
3. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Washington Wizards
5. Miami Heat
6. Charlotte Hornets
7. Atlanta Hawks
8. Milwaukee Bucks
9. Brooklyn Nets
10. New York Knicks
11. Boston Celtics
12. Indiana Pacers
13. Detroit Pistons
14. Orlando Magic
15. Philadelphia 76ers
1. Golden State Warriors
2. Memphis Grizzlies
3. Portland TrailBlazers
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Houston Rockets
6. Dallas Mavericks
7. Los Angeles Clippers
8. New Orleans Pelicans
9. Phoenix Suns
10. Sacramento Kings
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Utah Jazz
13. Los Angeles Lakers
14. Oklahoma City Thunder
15. Minnesota Timberwolves
22 Nov 2014 06:54:22
Hmmm. The newest Big 3 cannot win by their own. 5-6. They need DEFENSE!
21 Nov 2014 21:06:59
I don't see this happening due to the number of players and that many are big(er)
Bos sends: Rondo, Green, Bass
Bos gets: Jennings, Stats, Barnes, THJ
This is nuke the Celtics and go full rebuild with a young nucleous and with Stats contract ending they will have money to extend their core. They also have the assets to trafe up in the draft and get a future elite center
Det sends: Jennings/smith/Anthony
det gets: Iggy/Calderon/Shumpert
The log jam for det has not gone well so by dealing smith and Jennings they get a pass first PG as well as an upgrade at the 2/3. Det can focus on featuring Monroe/Andre down low where SVG can have a 5 as good as Howard in a year
GS sends: Barnes,Lee,Iggy
GS gets: Smith Green Bass.
GS lacks depth and trade to get a better front court and have money to extend green after this year.
curry/Thompson/(green/ or Jeff green) Smith/ Bogut
NY sends: Stats, THJ, Calderon/Shumpert
NY gets: Rondo, Lee, Anthony
Although the NY gives up youth, they need to act now so Melo will still be effective. They take a risk on Rondo, but he may resign since the zen master calling the shots.
Rondo/Smith/Melo/Lee/ upgrade needed
succeed and proceed
Terrible for GS
21 Nov 2014 17:16:00
When was the last time the Lakers were the worst team in California?
Probably sometime post Magic and pre Kobe
19 Nov 2014 22:41:59
if ginobili retire and green is out who would be a good pickup at sg for spurs?
and a backup center
D_drainr will start @ sg
18 Nov 2014 17:18:04
Top 25 Untradeable Players
1. ANTHONY DAVIS- Best big in NBA. Still inked In for years
2. STEPHEN CURRY- Best Value in the NBA for a non rookie contract
3. KEVIN DURANT- Talent and age would make him 1st but an upcoming free agency raises questions
4. LEBRON JAMES- Best player in the NBA has an upcoming free agency and is getting older
5. CHRIS PAUL- Best PG in the game. Still inked in for a few years
6. JAMES HARDEN- Franchise player and young. Still plenty of years on his deal
7. BLAKE GRIFFIN- Dominant Big still inked in long term
8. DWIGHT HOWARD- Still the best center in the NBA. Rockets will have him for next 3 years
9. KLAY THOMPSON- Superstar in the making. Just signed long term.
10. DERRICK ROSE- Not in a good way. Injuries and recent character issues will make it impossible to trade out of the 60+ million that he's guarenteed
11. JOHN WALL- A young elite PG that is inked long term
12. LEMARCUS ALDRIDGE- Would be higher but an upcoming free agency could scare Portland
13. DEMARCUS COUSINS- Probably the future best center of NBA that the Kings can have for a very long time but still has character issues
14. PAUL GEORGE- a mixture of teams being afraid to commit to his contract due to his injury and him being the only hope Indiana has for the future make him pretty untradeable
15. DAMIEN LILLIARD- One of the best rookie contract values in the league. A slow start in 2014 however
16. JOAKIM NOAH- The heart and soul of the Bulls is unlikely to be traded any time soon. However he does only have 2 years left on deal.
17. CHRIS BOSH- He has been playing good but at his age I don't think any team would want to touch the largest contract in the NBA
18. RUSSEL WESTBROOK- Skillwise he should be way higher but injuries and great play from back up Reggie Jackson could make him available for a strong enough package
19 BRADLEY BEAL- a great value on a rookie contract. but a recent injury. He can probably be had if someone wants him bad enough.
20. TONY PARKER- 4 long years left on his contract. getting older now. will probably lose starting position by end of his contract
21. DIRK NOWITSKI- Great loyalty between him and Cuban. a pay cut. and 3 years left on an older players contract make him unlikely to be traded but if a contender was willing to trade young assets for him Cuban has to remember this is a business.
22. WIGGINS/PARKER- even though one of them has been traded already it is very unlikely that either one of their rebuilding teams will look to deal them in the next couple years.
23. CARMELO ANTHONY- Still a superstar with a large contract but how long will he be able to handle losing before he demands a trade?
24. DEMAR DEROZAN- a young star with 3 years left all under $10 Million per
25. CHANNING FRYE- what a horrible signing. no one will want those 4 years
I actually agree with this
Yeah at that time they could've probably traded Shannon Brown for a late 1st round pick and would have Klay Thompson right now lol.
18 Nov 2014 16:27:55
Klay Thompson told the lakers that he would've left college early in 2010 if they would've traded anywhere into the 1st round, even pick 30, and agreed to draft him. They declined
17 Nov 2014 15:15:34
Best Decisions of 2014 off season
1. GSW - by not trading Klay Thompson to get Kevin Love
2. LeBron James - going back to Cleveland
3. Pau Gasol - by turning down the Lakers and signing to Chicago
4. MIN - by trading Kevin Love earlier and acquiring young talents
5. DAL - getting T. Chander back and rebuild the team with solid pieces
1. Carmelo Anthony - staying in NYK
2. LAL - getting Jeremy Lin instead of Omer Asik from the Rockets
3. Lance Stephenson - turning down the Pacers
- anymore ideas?
15 Nov 2014 08:28:48
Is Manu Ginobili a Hall of Famer?
14 Nov 2014 00:21:45
Reggie Jackson averaging 24, 4, and 8 as a starter
And remember all the times u told me that him to the Magic for Aaron Afflalo was ripping off the Magic. Yall are experts tho
But elfrid payton will be better
Not by much if at all. Magic could've got Jackson and used that pick on another piece
Well i'm glad afflalo got out of there at least
12 Nov 2014 18:31:08
12 Nov 2014 04:32:45
Cuban suggested that okc thunder should tank this season.
It might be a good idea. But sorry, tanking is just for the losers!
Okc will be in the playoff and will kick mavs butt!
I'm an OKC fan and would love for them to tank ONLY IF Durant and Westbrook are OK with it
11 Nov 2014 20:05:18
had the knicks kept some players instead of trading them and never traded for carmelo, their line up could have been.
pg. jamal crawford/nate robinson
sg. shumpert/thj/lavine (draft pick traded to nuggets)
much better than.
06 Nov 2014 15:54:15
Okay. Every single Trade I've posted with Monta Ellis has been like 2 believables and 40 unbelievables. I've traded him for stars or for expiring contracts or picks and young players with potential. what am I doing wrong? Every single Monta Ellis trade I can't for the life of me tell if I have undervalued or overvalued him.what in the heck is Monta Ellis worth?!?!?!?!
Why would the mavs trade him? he's good on their team, has good chemistry with dirk and wants to stay a mav.
06 Nov 2014 07:28:55
Ok cavs loss again. 1-3.
Sign Nash for head coaching job, hahahahaha! Just joking.
Just make Lebron player/coach
05 Nov 2014 05:30:55
Cavs loss again! 1-2, Time to change their lineups.
Put Waiters on 6th man role.
SG: drumroll pls
this team needs RAY ALLEN!
Waiters for Tony Allen
& Sign Ray Allen
03 Nov 2014 15:07:00
Westbrook vs. Curry
Click "Believable" for Westbrook
Click "Unbelievable" for Curry
only vote once, leave a comment of your vote too so we know its accurate.
Well this isn't going to work on the talk page.
Lol like nobody will bote but I've obviously got curry
Westbrook. but for how much me and WATW have been going back and forth I can admit that they are very very close
Yes they are close and we both have our opinions so we should stop this argument and just enjoy the season
03 Nov 2014 13:54:58
Top 5 nba teams:
San Antonio Spurs
Oklahoma City Thunder
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
Next 5 in East:
Next 5 in West:
Golden State Warriors
How can you have okc in top 5?
Change OKC and GS
02 Nov 2014 18:01:49
Serge Ibaka - David Lee. Ibaka
Kevin Durant- Andre Igoudala. Durant
Steven Adams- Andrew Bogut. Bogut (for now)
Jeremy Lamb- Klay Thompson. Thompson
Russ Westbrook- Steph Curry. Westbrook
Reggie Jackson- Shaun Livingston. Jackson
Perry Jones- Harry Barnes. Barnes
Nick Collison- Marreese Speights. Speights
Kendrick Perkins- Festus Ezeli. Perkins
Lance Thomas- Draymond Green. Green
Anthony Morrow- Brandon Rush. Morrow
Sebastian Telfair- Nedovic. Draw
1. You obviously made this to prove something to me, but we are both biased so this is useless
2. I repeat, Curry is better than Westbrook
3. Lol half of those thunder players are hurt
I forgot to say your name but yes this is for u lol
Curry is only better at shooting
Celtics 4 life
Westbrook still better.
We should have a site vote to settle this.
westbrook vs curry.
i say westbrook.
Lol whatever you guys say. But how are the thunder doing this season Jbabby? 3-0 like the warriors?
We are all injured. I would give you a little more credit than to bring that up. Lose Curry, Thompson, Igoudala, and Barnes and tell me if u would still be 3-0. you wouldn't even be 1-2 like we are
Thunder don't have KD and Westbrook you can't compare their records
Celtics 4 life
02 Nov 2014 05:53:12
Perry Jones is going to win the Most Improved Player award